Saturday, 13 March 2010

i love to eat

i've been doing some very important thinking lately. like, where i want my life to go and what i want to do. i came to loads of different conclusions, most of all though I want to keep getting healthier, happier and get more exercise. so on that note, i gave my local pilates instructor a call, and i may be starting a class with her shortly...i'm so excited about it!

i'm also going to try to get out more and do some walking. i love to walk, though i'm not great at just random walking by myself with no purpose. i'd rather go with someone or to something. but i think the more i think about how much it'll benefit my health, the more i'll be inclined to go for random walks!?

i've also come to realise how much i enjoy experimental cooking. so, even if 80% of my kitchen experiments are disasters, i'm really excited to see what i can come up with in the other 20%! my first proper disaster in a while, which was a technical rather than taste disaster was a millet cupcake mix. i should've soaked not cooked the millet...before blending. probably.'s some other things i've eaten this week:

♥ sweet potatoes, meatballs, green beans and peas: a mother-made dinner

these blueberries still blow my mind as i just recall the taste. we polished off the last few with some homemade yogurt and some very tasty smoosh (my word for what happens when you attempt to bake millet cupcakes, but they self-implode when you take them out the oven!)

♥ well this isn't something i've eaten, instead these are the essential tools of making cupcakes!

♥ in particular these chocolate cupcakes:

these were made by melting 40g dark choc with 40g organic butter, mixed with 40g agave, 1 egg, 1tsp vanilla, 1/4 cup filtered water and 1/4 cup rapeseed oil. all mixed together until smooth.

then add 1tbsp cocoa, 1dsp almonds, 1dsp wheatgerm, 1/3 cup whole wheat flour, 1tsp baking powder and 1 tsbp bicarb. then spooned into some pretty cupcake cases.

♥ sultana porridge topped with bonne maman jam and banana

organic baked beans on cranks wholemeal with a fried egg on the side

♥ breakfast of champions: green tea, banana almond milkshake, eco-kiwi raw honey with apple

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alissa,

    I would like to know how much carbo you allocate for the sweet potatoe ?
    Do you know the weight of the sweet potatoe posted in your picture above?
    Had tried steam sweet potatoe on my girl she love it but the reading go sky high.
    Till now (after months) dare not try on her again.



Thanks for leaving a lovely comment - have a wonderful day ♥